Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Repromotd MAC 226!!!

If you're a makeup junkie like myself, then you've probable heard about MAC and their great selection of cosmetics and brushes. Brushes are one of the most important tool in your makeup kit as they will be your magic wands when applying your makeup;) as I've said before investing in good quality brushes is essential!Speaking of MAC and brushes I wanted to tell you all about their famous 226 tapered blending brush! Famous?, yea I mean everyone raves about it and it's also a limited edition brush. It get's re promoted once a year (don't quote me on that) but yea. If your familiar with MAC brushes i'ts like a MAC 224 only more dense and in baby form. The MAC 226 retails for $24.50 USD, and unfortunately it seems it's not available on the MAC website but you can get it at any MAC counter or store!

*THE FIRST PIC IS ONE I FOUND ON THE INTERNET FROM THE ACTUAL MAC PAGE, THE SECOND OF COURSE MINE ;)*






and here's a close up
as you can see it's not as tapered to such a point like the promoting pic :(
and here's a comparison to the 224

the MAC 224 is of course clearly longer and fluffier, while the 226 stays nice and compact...

The brush itself is tapered, it's fluffy at the top but very dense at the bottom, making it perfect for blending little areas, or using it on smaller eye creases:) I personally have a larger crease area, but a small crease/blending brush is always nice as it helps me stay within a perimiter and precisely define my crease. While a pencil brush would work, I find alot of them way to dense and hard to work with. A regular blending brush like the MAC 224 would work as well, but I find it applies to much color and blends too much color upwards. This 226 brush is awsome just what I was looking for, it's not scratchy at all and does it's job very well ( I couldn't wait to use it, so I did!) Like I said, this brush helps me stay within a small area and work color in:)..

OVERALL THOUGHTS: While you can't judge a book by it's cover, I was kinda upset at first,  I was expecting something on the more pointier tapered side just like in the promo pics... But as I Started to compare it to other brushes and feel the density and what not, I'm really happy i Picked this up! if you're looking for a nice tapered blending brush & want to invest in quality then I encourage you to snatch the 226 brush while you can! If for some reason you can't the closest dupe I can find is the Lancome #17 blending brush, it's much pointier and longer, but it's kinda scratchy which hurts my crease. That's why my decision to get this brush was a definite yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment